Saturday 4 June 2011

About time

So...hello I suppose!

I've wanted to start a blog for ages. I have a head full of anecdotes and I really wanted to get them down on, er, binary, before I start forgetting them all.

But before I begin, I suppose I should introduce myself.

I'm Laurence Doherty. I'm a regular, 40 year old guy who has been blessed with a great life. I have a beautiful wife and three fantastic kids. I have a great job and live in a great place. I've had my ups and downs ; highs and lows, like anyone else. I'm really not sure how much of that I'm going to chat about on this blog. I see this really as a place to talk about my three main hobbies which are - film extra work, drums & running.

I've been running since my late teens. I've been drumming since my mid-teens. And I've been working in films since 2002.

I've called this blog 'Hurry Up And Wait' as that best describes the kind of existence I have with my interests. I'll go into the specifics a little more in later posts.

I haven't a clue if anyone will read these but, as I have said, I have a million anecdotes rattling around in my head and I want to save them from extinction. Also I'll post about what is happening to me day-to-day. Tonight my band, 'After Midnight', is playing at a wedding in The Merchant Hotel in Belfast.


Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment